blinkie

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Finally a chance to sit down and catch up!

Well as if everyone didn't already know, HE'S HERE!! Bennett Scott Teague made his appearance on Monday, March 22nd at 6:57 p.m. He weighed 8 pounds 2 ounces and measured 20 and one half inches long.


The Birth Story

We arrived to check in at Women's Hospital in Greensboro on Sunday evening March 21st at 7:15. We headed to our room and settled in. Around 8 o'clock p.m. they came in a started the cervadil, meant to thin the cervix a progress labor. It wasn't until the early hours of Monday morning as Scott dozed on the couch that I started feeling some mild contractions. Well, Dr. Richardson came in around 8:30 to break my water and begin the pitocin. By nine it was all going and by 10:00 I was in all out labor! There is no easing into things with pitocin. I went from very comfortable to OH MY GOSH I think my legs are going to snap off of my body. I couldn't stand to sit in the bed so my position of choice was sitting on an exercise ball at the foot of the bed squeezing the mess out of Scott's hand during the peak of a contraction. Funny thing is we had kinda poked fun at the ball during child birth class. Scott was afraid that my uncoordinated self would roll off and hurt myself! Tanya got there around lunch and informed me that they could give something to take the edge of the pain. So here comes Staydol, wowie, I have never felt so drunk in my entire life. I would sleep for a minute or so in between contractions and wake up as they were peaking and before it was completed I was out again. Needless to say it still hurt like crazy but I was able to rest a bit. Finally around 2:30 the word I had been waiting to hear, EPIDURAL!!! Scott almost passed out during the procedure. But, it was so much easier than I thought it would be, pulling the massive piece of tape off after was worse than getting it! I was good to go! I slept for a couple of hours and by 6 o'clock I was ready to push. Scott and Tanya were by my side. They were both awesome but, Scott truly surprised me! He was my rock! After an hour of pushing all that hard work paid off when Bennett Scott made his appearance!


No comments:

Post a Comment