blinkie

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

So for those of you who know my husband... he is about as macho and not romantic as they come. He is one of those Valentine's haters ( "Oh Towa, it is such a commercialized holiday, I tell you I love you everyday"). So a few weeks ago I let him off the hook by telling him that he didn't have to buy me a gift, BUT that I would like for him to plan something sweet for us to do. I didn't really mention after that, but to my surprise he had something up his sleeve.

On Saturday morning as I crawled out of bed to head to the gym and drop by school he said, "Make sure you are ready cause we are going to lunch." "Um, ok" I thought... but I did as I was instructed.

We got in the car and headed toward Durham. The whole time I was asking, "Were not going to eat Chinese are we" (this is Scott's usual pick, which I was not in the mood for) and "Southpoint, are we going to Southpoint?" He finally said, "Sit back and hush, you just can't stand it, can you?"
We ended up in quaint little downtown Hillsborough at a delightful bistro called Tupalos. I had the best jambalaya I have ever put in my mouth. It was nice just to have a Saturday afternoon to spend with Scott. We hardly ever get one of those.

He took me by the hand and led me down the sidewalk past adorable store fronts. I could tell he was looking for somewhere in particular. Then, we found it, a wine store!! Scott is sooooo not the wino but, he had brought my here for a wine tasting! We spent a bit walking around looking for a bottle to take home. We eventually ended up with a sweet, bubbly moscato.

Finally, we headed back toward Alamance County.

You know, I think he's a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment